Hi guys!! This is a blog made by a bored, gay malaysian dude in UK. Join me in my attempts of balancing out my life while enjoying a few amateurish web-comic and hopefully some arts and crafts along the way =D . Feel free to drop me an email =3

Saturday 12 July 2014

Travelling: Italy: Pisa: To the land of tower pushers

Well, just wanna talk abt a few trips i had with bear.

During my last summer, which sadly has been gone now, Bear and I went around a few places. So I am just going to talk abt it for the fun of it.

So Bear and I went for a honeymoon-ish (or honey week? i don know how the definition works), we both been to Rome on separate occasions (which i am going to talk abt it someday) so we wanna try to explore the rest of Italy together. Especially Venice, Bear was very excited abt Venice, because like, Paris, it is considered to be a romantic city... well.... sadly Paris didn't really turn to out to be stellar, so we hope tha Venice would be okay.

So anyway, we fly from London to Pisa, I would assume everyone here know wad's the leaning tower of pisa? Well, apparently the tower is in a separate, obscure town that requires an extended trip from one of the bigger cities. BUt it only take 30-1 hour from florence, so its fine, plus there's an airport there so you can always just start from Pisa and slower work your way to florence and the rest of the more popular cities.

We arrived at night, and I am already quite excited. You know... its one of the seven wonders!!! I forgot if its the ancient wonders or the modern wonders, but its one of them! But to be honest when I rush to the plaza which was just 2 mins away from our accommodation... well........ take a look.
I was like..... 'TAT'S IT?!?!'
I should have read more abt the tower, because a stupid boy like me who have been watching to many animes and have seen so many skyscraper would not appreciate that a cylindrical tower of this height is considered very grand during its era. But really....


However, since its the night, and there was not a lot of people, we took a few lovey dovey couple pictures, which sadly u guys wont get to look at lol. 

When we went back during the morning, I was very pumped, because apart from the tower i oso wanna see a wave of ppl trying to make the sad pushing picture. something like this from the web:

source: http://www.maniacworld.com/Leaning-Tower-of-Pisa-and-tourists.html

Its not a many as i would have hope, but i wasnt too disappointed given that its quite early in the morning. 

WOOTS!!!!!!!!!! 
I still hav a bunch of tower pushers photos but it has me jeering at them, so i dont any tower pushers feel any hatred if they come across this blog lol. 

SO for leaning tower you hav to book a time slot to go up the tower, you will hav a brief story abt the tower, and hav to take a hike up. There's nothing to see or take pictures i have to admit, apart from bells, cause the top is encircled by fences to prevent stupid ppl from falling over. 



We went to the basilica beside it just to complete the visit, its free. =3 but you still need to book a ticket, i guess they are trying to keep track of the tourist, since we need to queue up and things.  But apart from the tower, there's nothing much to be seen.  

 But really, a half day trip is worth it, seeing all the tower pushers. =D

And its off to France!

6 comments:

  1. Europe eh? I should stronglyyyyy consider...

    Anyways, welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well actually Asian countries like Japan are equally as nicer lo

    And much cheaper too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Japan as cheaper? Hmmmmmmmmmmm the living cost says otherwise though! still waiting for a confirmation until I get to go to Japan next year!

      Delete
    2. Wait, wad's tat? a transfer? @_@ OOOOOO i always wanna go to japan. T_T

      Delete
  3. eh, you're from shu? i went there last year too, haha~

    http://lonelyreload.blogspot.com/2013/09/pisa-italy-chinese-ristorante-oriente-imperatrice-pizzeria-kebab-hotel-eden-san-remo-europe-trip-day-8-experiences.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tower pushers... ekkkk... I hate it when people take those kind of pics -_-

    ReplyDelete